Friday, November 18, 2011

Big lunch

Sometimes quantity trumps quality. For some people this important when choosing where to eat. My friend Erik likes large meals since he is a large guy who works out a lot. Whenever I tag along with him for lunch or dinner (I work with him so we hang out a lot) I usually end up eating a lot. Today was no exception, Erik was excited by the opening of Dunn's, a Montreal Smoked Meat house that just opened a couple of days ago. It is a very typical North American sports bar / grill restaurant style place with plastic coated menus, TVs on the wall and massive, enormous, gigantic portions. I ordered the Reuben since I wanted to try their smoked meat. I have to say the actual smoked meat was really good, tender and flavorful. It came with a side of crisp coleslaw and I opted for a Caesar instead of the fries. I managed to make it through about half of it before capitulating and resting back in my chair in a protein and calorie induced stupor, gasping for breath and wondering how many days it would be before I could manage to eat again...

Good though! If you are very hungry and in for the biggest sandwich you have ever eaten, this is for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment